MBZ Industrial Inc., FloodSax® Americas patent and rights operator, announces distributor relationship with Abatix® to bring FloodSax® indoor / outdoor flood response and preparedness products to hurricane and flood prone regions of the United States.
Santa Rancho Margarita, CA June 21, 2016
FloodSax Americas, the patented super absorbent pad and sandless sandbag manufacturer, will supply and support Abatix as a strategic inventory partner due to the company’s outstanding customer support and long term focus on remediation and restoration products. With Abatix locations in Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Dallas, Houston, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle, 4,500 FloodSax® will be initially staged at the Abatix Jacksonville, Florida branch and available for fast inter branch transfer and delivery to the customer.
FloodSax Specific Product Details:
- Stores up to 10 years in vacuum sealed 5 packs.
- Soaks up to 5.8 gallons of water/ liquid and can be removed with almost zero leakage.
- Less than 1lbs dry. Ideal for anybody... OSHA safe, elderly and disabled.
- Fits well against doors, sliders, windows and grates.
- Can redirect streams, water flow and drainage.
- Ideal for facilities management “response team” including: property managers, hotel engineers, hospitals, and other public traffic areas with slip and fall, spill or egress/ingress access risk.
National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Statistics http://www.FloodSmart.gov
- Floods are the #1 natural disaster in the United States.
- 250 gallons of water is released a day due to a 1/8-inch crack in a pipe.
- From 2010 to 2014, the average flood claim amounted to nearly $42,000.
- From 2005 to 2014, total flood insurance claims averaged more than $3.5 billion per year.
- Homeowners' insurance does not cover all types of flood damage.
- In the past 5 years, all 50 states have experienced floods or flash floods.
About MBZ Industrial Inc.:
MBZ Industrial Inc., headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita California is the Exclusive America's (United States, Canada and South America) License, Rights and Patent Operator of the FloodSax® Flood Prevention and Remediation Products. FloodSax are lightweight (1 lb dry) instant absorbing pads which can be stacked to create a flood barrier outdoors while also protecting property and homes from leaks caused by pipes, toilets, water heaters, and more. FloodSax have sold over 2 million units worldwide and were invented in the United Kingdom by EDS Limited. In addition to FloodSax® , MBZI is a master distributor of spill and containment and other Federal EPA 40 CFR counter measure offerings.
Established in 1983, Abatix is a national supplier of products for the Fire and Water Restoration, Environmental, Industrial Safety, Petrochemical, General Construction, Energy, Hospital, Manufacturing, and Disaster Response industries supporting customers across the nation with outstanding service, training programs and services.
Media Contact for FloodSax® USA:
Media Contact for Abatix: